At the time of incorporation of new company Subscriber are required to sign the subscription page to be attached with MOA & AOA. Rule 13 of Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014 explains the signing of memorandum and articles..
The Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company shall be signed in the following manner, namely:-.
(1) The memorandum and articles of association of the company shall be signed by each subscriber to the memorandum, who shall add his name, address, description and occupation, if any, in the presence of at least one witness who shall attest the signature and shall likewise sign and add his name, address, description and occupation, if any and the witness shall state that
“I witness to subscriber/subscriber(s), who has/have subscribed and signed in my presence (date and place to be given); further I have verified his or their Identity Details (ID) for their identification and satisfied myself of his/her/their identification particulars as filled in”.
(2) Illiterate: Where a subscriber to the memorandum is illiterate, he shall affix his thumb impression or mark which shall be described as such by the person, writing for him, who shall place the name of the subscriber against or below the mark and authenticate it by his own signature and he shall also write against the name of the subscriber, the number of shares taken by him..
(3) Such person shall also read and explain the contents of the memorandum and articles of association to the subscriber and make an endorsement to that effect on the memorandum and articles of association..
(4) Body Corporate: Where the subscriber to the memorandum is a body corporate, the memorandum and articles of association shall be signed by director, officer or employee of the body corporate duly authorized in this behalf by a resolution of the board of directors of the body corporate and where the subscriber is a Limited Liability Partnership, it shall be signed by a partner of the Limited Liability Partnership, duly authorized by a resolution approved by all the partners of the Limited Liability Partnership:
Provided that in either case, the person so authorized shall not, at the same time, be a subscriber to the memorandum and articles of Association..
(5) Foreign National: Where subscriber to the memorandum is a foreign national residing outside India-
Explanation.- For the purposes of this clause, it is hereby clarified that, in case of Person is of Indian Origin or Overseas Citizen of India, requirement of business Visa shall not be applicable..
For other articles on Post Incorporation compliances under Companies Act, 1956 kindly visit Post Incorporation Compliances under Companies Act, 2013 & for compliances under FEMA where one or more subscriber is Foreign National visit Post Incorporation Compliances under FEMA